Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tender Juicy Seasoned Pork Chops





















Tonight I made my seasoned pork chops. This is one of my favorite meats to cook for several reasons. I get to have "the other white meat," they come out so juicy and tender, and they are so easy to make!


Boneless pork chops
Seasonal salt
Garlic powder
Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning
Olive oil



I begin by cutting off the excess fat on the pork chops. 


Sprinkle lightly all three seasonings on both sides of the chops. I actually pat the seasoning onto the pork chop a bit before I turn them. It seems to help them stick better.




Add olive oil to your pan. You don't want to submerge the chops, but you want enough for them to sit in the oil on all sides. Turn the eye on Med-High heat. Once the oil is hot, turn it down to Med or between Med and Med-High. Add the pork chops and cook until the white cooked part comes nearly to the top. Flip them and cook for several more minutes on the other side.





Because of the lower heat, the pork chops will need to cook a bit longer, but the lower heat allows them to remain very tender and juicy. I will often make a small cut in the center and separate to ensure that the pork chops are cooked through. 




No comments:

Post a Comment