Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lunch Lady Brownies

















Is there anything better than chocolate? I don't think so, which is why I've been going through so much cocoa and bar chocolate lately. I made a triple chocolate pound cake two weeks ago, and brownies last week. Then I found this recipe, Lunch Lady Brownies, on Pinterest and just knew that I had to try it. They. Are. So. Good! But really, a chocolate brownie topped with chocolate icing... how could that not be amazing?

1 cup butter (I use Country Crock margarine)
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour baking pan. There is some flexibility here. The recipe calls for a 9X13, but I used a 12X17. You will need to adjust your baking time if you use a different size pan. Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the cocoa and mix until smooth. Add the flour and sugar.




Add the vanilla and eggs. Mix until combined but do not over mix. Pour into prepared baking pan. NOTE: batter is not thin, you will need to spread it into your chosen baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes (if using a 9X13). I baked for about 15 and could have stopped even earlier I think. Point again - watch your oven!

While the brownies are baking, prepare the icing.

1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
1/4 cup milk (or cream or half and half or condensed milk)
1/4 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
Dash of salt




Mix until well blended. Let brownies cool about 10 minutes and then frost them.






1 comment:

  1. I never took a bite of the lunch room lady as a child but if she tasted anything like those brownies.. I missed out on a hold lot of good stuff lol!!

    ReplyDelete