Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies


My chocolate chip cookies are a staple I have been making since I was about 4 years old and baking with my dad. I remember trying to stir the dough as he added the flour and not being able to stir and having to hand the bowl and spoon over. I use the recipe pretty much exactly as on the package, except for that I slightly overflow my vanilla. Always have. 

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine (I use Country Crock, and be sure to allow plenty of time for it to soften)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (room temperature)
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional - I usually use pecans when I add them)




Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. 





Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until completely blended.




Add chocolate chips and nuts. 




Place by rounded spoonful on to baking sheet, bake for about 9-11 minutes. 




The key to soft chocolate chip cookies is to NOT overcook them. These in the photo were baked for about 9:10 to 9:20. Always set the timer for less - you can always add baking time. So if you are not sure how your oven responds, set the timer for 8 minutes and add additional time. That will give you a starting point for your next batch. Just remember that the oven gets hotter the longer it is on, so you will likely need to reduce your baking time with each additional batch by about 10-20 seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment