Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sautéed Brussel Sprouts


I don't hate fruits and vegetables by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a rather picky eater. So, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to try the varieties that I do actually like. The only way I had ever tried Brussels sprouts was steamed with a bit of butter and salt. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest for the Best Brussels Sprouts, I knew I needed to try it. While my daughter wasn't thrilled with them, I enjoyed them so much that I fixed them again! With one making, I also added some Hollandaise sauce, and it was phenomenal. It was a very simple recipe, and you can adjust it to make more or less. I'll give you the ingredients as the recipe calls for, but I actually only used about half a bag of Brussels sprouts, which was just a bit more than enough for my daughter and I.

3 cups brussels sprouts, halved
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
2 Tblsp olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs


Add brussels sprouts, black pepper, garlic salt and 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a skillet. Cook over a low heat allowing the brussels sprouts to brown on each side before flipping them.


After about 10 minutes add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and seasoned bread crumbs. Cook for another 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. The edges should be browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment