Sunday, February 9, 2014

Chocolate Chip Muffins


I'm not what you would call a morning person. I like quiet and no conflict for the first hour or two of the day. I also am not a big breakfast person. Just never have been. I prepare breakfast meals maybe four times a year. We usually eat cereal or oatmeal or Cream of Rice/Wheat or eat oat bars or crackers. I know, it's awful. So, a couple weekends ago after my kiddo woke up, I asked her if she would be interested in some chocolate chip muffins. Not my thing, but I know she likes them, and I had pinned a recipe on Pinterest for them: Chocolate Chip Muffins several months ago. The recipe was very easy to follow, and she liked them a lot and finished off all the muffins for breakfast and snacks during the next week, so all-in-all I consider it a success.

1 1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 medium eggs
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups flour
¾ lb chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prepare muffin pans with butter - I ended up with 18 muffins.
In small bowl combine baking powder, salt, and flour, set aside. In large bowl combine butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer, or like I did, use a stand mixer.

 
Slowly beat in eggs, until combined. Add milk. Slowly add sugar, until completely combined. Mix flour mixture into butter until just combined, but still lumpy. 


Add chocolate chips and combine. Pour mixture into muffin pans, filling each cup two-thirds full. 


Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment