Sunday, February 9, 2014

Grilled Peanut Butter


The tried and true stand-by 10-minute dinner in my house has always been grilled peanut butter. I know, I know! Huh? Yeah, I get lots of "you're fixing what???" every time I make this and post something about it, so I figured, why not share? This is something I grew up with my daddy making for me, and I've made it for my daughter nearly all her life. She's even introduced it to a few of her friends. Apparently, grilled peanut butter and banana was one of Elvis Presley's favorite dishes, but since I don't like the texture of bananas, I'll just stick with my favorite!

Bread
Crunchy peanut butter
Butter


I'll go ahead and warn you, if you've ever made a grilled cheese, then this will be a easy-peasy for you. Put about 1-1.5 Tbsp of butter in your skillet, and turn the heat on med-high. Then simply spread a healthy dose of crunchy peanut butter (yes, I have tried it with creamy, and while it works in a pinch, it will run out of the sandwich a whole lot more) on one piece of bread. Then butter one side of the other slice of bread.


Once the butter in the skillet is hot, place the sandwich, butter side up into the skillet. Be sure not to let it sit too still. I like to shake the skillet back and forth slightly to move the sandwich around. Cook for a couple minutes until the bottom is brown, then flip the butter side down and cook for a few minutes more.


Sometimes we serve it with fries; sometimes we serve it with chips. Add some grapefruit or cantaloupe, and you've got a tasty and very quick meal.









No comments:

Post a Comment