Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chocolate Muffins


Chocolate for breakfast??? Yes, please! I think I've died and gone to heaven!!! This is a recipe I found while searching for some muffin ideas a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I pinned this one and several others to my Pinterest page. Finally got around to trying it out this weekend. I made it for Monday treat at work. While they are indeed rather tasty, I think I will add just a bit more sugar next time. They are very chocolatey, but they were not very sweet, and I prefer them to be sweeter. This is where I found the original recipe: Chocolate Muffins. They were very easy to make, and I ended up with two full trays of mini muffins.

2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

1¼ cups whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/3 cup additional chocolate chips for sprinkling


Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease muffin pan or use liners. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir just until mixed (batter will be visibly lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon immediately into muffin pan. Add chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins.


Bake for 18-20 minutes for regular muffins; 9-12 minutes for mini muffins. Check muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick. When it comes out clean, they are done, but be aware that you may see some of the chocolate chips that are in the batter, so, check several.






No comments:

Post a Comment