Sunday, April 21, 2013

Zucchini Muffins


The other day, I went on a quest to find some muffin recipes to try so that my daughter could have some new treats for breakfast. I found several recipes that I'm going to try, and of course, I pinned the recipes I found to my Pinterest. This particular recipe is for Zucchini Muffins. They were surprisingly easy to make, and I think they turned out pretty good. I believe the next time I make them I will use 1 1/4 or 1/2 cups of sugar to sweeten them just a little bit more. My daughter said they were really good and ate the entire muffin... until I told her what they were. lol

2 medium eggs
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of shredded zucchini (I used two zucchinis, which was a bit more than 1 cup)
1 1/2 cup of sugar
½ cup of vegetable oil
½ cup of chopped walnuts
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of baking powder

1 tsp (heaping) cinnamon



Mix together the vegetable oil, sugar and eggs. Add the shredded zucchini, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chopped walnuts.

Lightly grease muffin pan, then fill two-thirds full with the mixture. I was able to fill a mini-muffin pan, and 9/12 of a regular muffin pan. 



Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes for regular muffins, 10-15 minutes for mini-muffins. Tops should begin to turn a golden brown color, and you can use the toothpick test to ensure they are done.








No comments:

Post a Comment