Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tuna Casserole


I don't like seafood. I don't like any seafood. And when I was in my early 20s, I discovered that I have an allergy to shell fish, so it gave me a very easy excuse not to indulge in any seafood, not that it broke my heart anyway. My distaste of seafood is a long story, and I won't bore you with it, but I tell you this because this is the only meal I make or eat that has any indication of seafood in it. That's because it doesn't smell fishy at all. I don't even like tuna salad. Blecht! I know, I'm odd. I've heard that before.

1 large can or 2 small cans of white tuna fish
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can peas
1/3 to 1/2 cup of milk
small shell noodles


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the shells according to the directions on the box. I usually use about 1/3 of a box per casserole. Drain the tuna and peas and pour into casserole dish. Add the cream of chicken and milk (you just need enough to thin the consistency of the soup). Drain the noodles, and add them to the casserole dish. 


Mix all ingredients well. The great part of this recipe is that if you have a larger family and need more of it, just increase the ingredients. Use 3-4 small cans of tuna or two large ones; use 2 cans of soup; cook more noodles; and add more milk.


Bake for about 30 minutes until the top begins to brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment