Monday, April 15, 2013

Soft Brown Sugar Cookies


Well, I'm running a little behind these days on posting to my blog. The past two weekends have been devoted to work outside my home... Yep, yard work, and lots of it. Planting, mulching, mowing, edging, prepping my garden. I actually made these cookies last Sunday, but just haven't had the time to type this up. So, here we are. I'm always on the lookout for a new recipe to try. I found this one on Pinterest, of course. Here's the link to the original webpage: Soft Brown Sugar Cookies. These cookies are very, very soft, and just melt in your mouth. They were fantastic, and quite easy to make.

2/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream

Browned Butter Frosting

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk



Blend together butter and brown sugar. 


Add eggs, one at a time; blend well. Add vanilla; beat until light. 


In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with Browned Butter Frosting (because I made mine smaller and there were so many more cookies, I actually had to make two batches of the icing). Makes 2 dozen, or if you make them a little smaller like I did, you can get about 4 dozen.






No comments:

Post a Comment