Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


The past 18 months or so I have been trying out dozens of new recipes. Some of them have been huge hits that I've remade several times, and some of them have been one time only. Through all of that, I've been learning. My Triple Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are a recipe that I adjusted some, and I was thrilled with the results. Jump forward  a few months. I had a bag of cinnamon chips in by pantry that I really didn't know what I was going to do with. So last weekend, I decided to create my own cookie. I used the knowledge I've gained from all of the different recipes I've been trying, and, if I do say so myself, these are amazing! I took these in for Monday treat, and the response was even better than I hoped. I received lots of requests for seconds, and several people told me they were phenomenal. Frankly, I couldn't be more proud of my first attempt at my very own recipe. Give these a shot; I don't think you will be disappointed!

1 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups oats
12 ounces cinnamon chips
1 cup raisins



In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth.


Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until blended.


Add dry ingredients, and mix until all flour is combined. Add oats and mix well.


Add cinnamon chips and raisins, and stir until combined and distributed throughout the dough.


Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown around the edges. They will continue to cook and set as they cool.


Allow the cookies to rest on the tray for 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment