Sunday, June 15, 2014

Orange Julius Style Orange Juice


In honor of my daddy for Father's Day, I made some of my his special orange juice. He came up with this recipe in the 1980s when we lived in Germany since we couldn't get an Orange Julius whenever we wanted. This recipe is all his. He would make this on Saturday or Sunday mornings as he was prepping breakfast. These mornings are some of my clearest and fondest memories of my dad. I miss you, Daddy. Happy Father's Day.

1 can frozen concentrated orange juice
2 cans of water
4 Tbsps sugar
3 Tbsps Tang
1 egg
splash of milk (about a 1/4 cup or so)


Put ingredients into blender; blend until smooth and frothy.



This orange juice is best if chilled a bit before serving. An hour or two if you can, but it's not absolutely necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment