Sunday, June 15, 2014

French Toast


I'm not a huge pancake fan. I'm not a huge waffles fan. French toast, however, I can go crazy with some of that! My family is not a big breakfast bunch. We just don't have an organized, cooked breakfast very often. When I do, it's either toast, eggs and bacon; sausage and biscuits; or French toast. Here is my version of French toast. I think it's pretty dang good. I use vanilla and almond extract and cinnamon and nutmeg to liven this recipe up. Hope you enjoy it!

Bread
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 heaping tsp nutmeg
splash of milk (I probably used about a 1/4 cup)


Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Heat several tablespoons of butter in a skillet over med-high heat. Dip the bread in the whisked egg mixture (I whisk mine several times throughout to ensure the spices are distributed). Then quickly turn it over to coat the other side. Place bread into hot butter, and cook for several minutes on both sides until bread is browned and more firm.


Top French toast with a dash of powdered sugar, and top as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment