Sunday, March 2, 2014

Triple Chocolate Cranberry Cookies


Today I thought and thought about what goodies I was going to bake for "Monday treat" at work, and I just kept coming up blank. So, I raided my pantry and looked to see what I had. I took mental note of a few of the ingredients, and then searched the web for recipes. That's when I found White and Dark Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies. It sounded good, so I decided that's what I would try. Oh. My. Gosh. Best decision I ever made! lol I did adapt the recipe a bit from hers, and the results are amazing! The cookie is so soft. The mix of chocolates is divine, and the cranberry adds just a hint of fruity sweetness. You've got to give this recipe a try. 

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt
6-8 ounces white chocolate chips (to taste, these are sweeter and the more you use the sweeter the cookie becomes)
6 ounces dark chocolate chips
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces dried cranberries
1 cup nuts (optional)



In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt; set aside. In large bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth.


Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined. Add chocolate and cranberries.


Drop by rounded teaspoon onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on tray for a minute or two, then transfer to cooling rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment