Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fried Chicken Tenders


While I am an Army brat, and did not grow up in the South, both of my parents were from the South, so you could definitely say my roots are Southern. That being said, what is more Southern than fried foods??? My dad always prepared the fried chicken when I was growing up, and I took his recipe and tweaked it a little, and now I use the same batter to make my fried chicken tenders. And they are sooooo good. I guess I'm partial, but I have had plenty of compliments on it, so I'm going with yummy! 

Chicken
Season all salt
Poultry seasoning
Black pepper
Tabasco sauce
Flour
Egg
Milk


I usually buy my chicken in the large bag of frozen breasts from Walmart, and then cut them when I want tenders. However your chicken starts, place the tenders in a Tupperware container side-by-side and evenly lightly coat one side with season all salt, black pepper and poultry seasoning. Take the Tabasco and dash liberally over the chicken ensuring that you hit each piece with a little. Put on the lid and SHAKE so that everything spreads out evenly all over the chicken. I then let mine marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours when possible before I cook them.


Next, prep your flour and egg mixture. I liberally salt and pepper my flour with season all salt and black pepper. Stir the flour to make sure everything disperses. The egg mixture is usually 2-3 eggs and a dash of milk.


Get your oil hot. You can use a deep frying pan or a deep fryer. Just make sure if you use a pan that it has sides high enough so that you don't splash oil and that the oil can be deep enough to reach about halfway up the chicken slices. I start my oil on med-high, and then usually turn it down to close to medium to make sure that the chicken cooks completely but the breading doesn't burn. Take each slice of chicken and dredge in flour. Then cover each slice completely with egg mixture, and then dredge with flour again.


Fry the chicken on each side for several minutes, until a nice golden brown.


Place chicken on paper towel to drain. Serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment