Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cucumber Salad


Growing up many of my years in Germany, this was something I was exposed to quite frequently... but I wouldn't eat it. I didn't like cucumbers back then. So when I finally expanded my taste buds and added cucumbers, I started growing them in my garden - and then had to find new recipes to use them all! So I found this one German Cucumber Salad. It's very easy to make and is quite tasty. I added some parsley to my version as well.

2 large cucumbers
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp dill
1 tsp paprika
1-2 tsp parsley


Peel cucumbers and slice very thin. Place cucumbers in colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Squeeze liquid out of cucumbers. Whisk remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers. Set in fridge and marinate for at least an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment