Thursday, March 28, 2019

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies



Again with the chocolate. I know. I have a problem. But it is such a delicious problem. It's double chocolate. Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips... oh my! I'll take chocolate in nearly every concoction conceivable. I search for chocolate recipes to try. This one here though, I didn't have to search for. This recipe I bought and brought right into my home. Years ago, this recipe used to be on the back of Nestle's white chocolate chips, but then they replaced it. It was so good that I searched for it so that I could make them again. Here's Nestle's recipe: White Chip Chocolate Cookies. These cookies are amazing. They are so soft and the texture is almost like a brownie, but the white chocolate add a wonderful flavor. The only improvement I made to the original recipe is some instant espresso to intensify the chocolate flavor.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2-1 tsp instant espresso
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12-oz. pkg. white chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, espresso, and salt.



Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.



Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.



Gradually beat in flour mixture.



Stir in morsels.



Use a 1-inch or 1.5-inch cookie scoop to portion cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.



Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are just set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. These cookies will be very soft for a while, but they set more as the cool, so do not overcook them.


No comments:

Post a Comment