Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sauteed Spinach


I have tried repeatedly to find a way to sauté fresh spinach in a way that tastes good. It's actually been a little harder than it seems like it should. I used fresh garlic, and that was ok, but it was missing something. So I tried garlic powder. I tried that several times in different ways, but it still wasn't quite what I was looking for. It finally hit me a couple of weeks ago to try garlic salt... and I finally got it right. This was quite tasty. I added just a little butter to it (which most of it rolled off), and it was really good! With the garlic salt, I got the garlic and the salt, so I didn't have to add any extra salt. If you like spinach, then you really should try this recipe!

Bag of spinach
1-2 Tbsps grapeseed oil
1-2 Tbsps butter or margarine
about 1 tsp garlic salt


Heat 1-2 Tbsps of grapeseed oil in a large soup pot.


Add the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt. Use tongs to move around the spinach. Add a Tbsp or so of butter or margarine and about 1 tsp of garlic salt.


Mix until butter is melted and coats all of the spinach. Let the butter and grapeseed oil drip off before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment