Sunday, March 6, 2016

Roulade


So, I've been a picky eater since I was a kid. There are a number of things I refused to eat, and some that I still do. One of those things is mustard. I'm just not a fan. Even so, I have two recipes that use mustard, and I love them both. This roulade recipe is one of those recipes; the other is ham. This roulade also has a bunch of diced onion and lightly cooked bacon... and I love it in this recipe. This roulade is a recipe that my mom made for years while I was growing up, and there is so much flavor and goodness in this recipe. I don't know where she got the recipe from, but here is how you make it.

Thinly sliced beef (the pack I get usually has 7-9 slices)
One pack of bacon (12 ounces is pretty good)
One small diced onion
Spicy brown mustard (about a 1/4 cup or so)
Season all salt
Black pepper



Lay out the beef one piece at a time. Layer 1-2 slices of bacon on it. Then slather a thin coating of spicy brown mustard.



Sprinkle with season all salt and black pepper, and then sprinkle a layer of onion.



Start at one end and carefully roll the beef up.



Secure with a toothpick. Prepare each slice of beef as above.



Heat a little olive oil in your skillet, and cook on each side.



Roll beef as necessary cooking all sides until all beef is cooked.


Pair the roulade with these delicious German Fried Potatoes for a bacon-filled meal and a side of Sautéed Spinach, and you'll have an amazing meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment