Saturday, January 2, 2016

Juicy Barbecue Chicken



Earlier this year I discovered brining. Have you ever brined any meat you've cooked? It is a wonderful technique, especially with boneless chicken breasts. Since there's no fat on them, when grilled, they tend to dry out. I wanted to make some barbecue chicken this summer so I searched and found this recipe on Pinterest for Simple Grilled BBQ Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast. I had never brined my meat before, and thought the recipe looked pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. It's so awesome that I've searched for other recipes that use brining. As with many recipes, I used this one as a starting point and then changed it up to fit our needs. This is the beauty of brining - you can add whatever you want to infuse your meat. This recipe yields juicy, delicious chicken. I've received rave reviews from everyone I've shared my barbecue chicken with. Try brining your chicken. You won't regret it!

3-5 chicken breasts
3 cups water
3 Tbsps brown sugar
3 Tbsps salt
1 tsp cayenne
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed

rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning, mustard seeds, bay leaf (or whatever flavors you enjoy)
Jack Daniels spicy barbecue sauce

Prep the chicken by cutting off any fat or unappetizing parts and poking holes all over both sides of the chicken. 

Prep the brine by combining all the ingredients in a large tupperware container. Put the chicken in the brine. The original post says to only brine for 20 minutes, but I leave my chicken in the brine in the refrigerator for about two hours. 

Prep the grill, and while it's heating up, remove the chicken from the fridge and prep for grilling - rinse off the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.

Apply a coat of barbecue sauce to both sides of the chicken and put on the grill. Grill for five minutes; flip chicken; apply more sauce. Flip and sauce every five minutes for 25-30 minutes until chicken is done. Add some hotdogs or sausages to the grill. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment