Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Raspberry Cream Cookies


During my recent fascination with using fresh ingredients even in my baking, I found this recipe for Raspberry Cookies with Cream on Pinterest, and since my daughter likes raspberries, I thought I'd give it a try. The flavor of these little cookies turned out rather well, however, I think they would have been better had my raspberries broken down a bit more. I have to admit that this was one of the weirdest cookie recipes I've ever seen. It was more of a biscuit or shortbread recipe actually, but they were tasty none-the-less.

2 cups raspberries
1/2 cup sugar + 1 1/2 Tbsp to put on raspberries
1/2 cut lemon juiced
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter cubed - not softened
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 TB milk


Combine raspberries, sugar ( only 1 1/2 Tbsp) and lemon juice in a small bowl.


Combine flour, baking powder and the rest of the sugar (1/2 cup) in a large bowl. Add small cubes of butter.

 
Mix together with a pasty cutter or whisk. You can also combine with your hands until the mixture combines. It will be more of a crumble mix.


Stir in cream and mix until combined.

 
Then gently fold in raspberries.


Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop dough on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.


Stir together powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over cooled cookies. I actually used a bit of almond extract. I think this makes for a much more flavorful glaze. Either way, keep it thicker so that it doesn't run off the cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment