Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Banana Nut Bread


This recipe is awesome. Not just a little bit awesome, but really, really awesome. And, it's pretty old to. This recipe for Banana Nut Bread actually was not found on Pinterest as so many of mine are these days, and it isn't a family recipe. I do owe a big thank you to a very special lady - Mrs. Brown. I don't remember Mrs. Brown's first name, but she was our downstairs neighbor when we lived in Wildflecken, Germany. I babysat for her periodically, and she let me help her in the kitchen as well. She shared this recipe with me, and my copy is still in my 11-year-old handwriting. As you're looking through the blog, please don't be scared by how many ingredients you see. The recipe is for a single loaf, but when I prepared it and took photos, I made a quadruple batch. The recipe is very simple and straightforward and very easy to make. You really should try it out, and when you do, let me know how it works for you!

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2-3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped


Peel and mash your 2-3 bananas. I mash mine quite a bit, because I prefer less texture. Mash to your preference.


Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl.


Add oil and eggs, and mix.


Mix in bananas and nuts.


Pour into 9"x 5"x 3"pan sprayed with baking spray (or greased and floured) or fill muffins with liners about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (for loaf) until golden brown. Muffins bake for a much shorter time, 15-25 minutes. 


Enjoy warm or cooled for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack. It really is that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment