Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lemon Crinkle Cookies


Last week I satisfied my recent love of lemons in my baked goods with two new recipes that I found on Pinterest. This one, Lemon Crinkle Cookies, was very well received at work for Monday treat... well, by the few folks I shared with anyway. I managed to eat most of these myself. I substituted the lemon juice called for in the original recipe with lemon extract. The other recipe for Lemon Velvet Cake used both lemon zest and lemon extract. That blog is coming soon!

½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon extract
1 whole egg
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. On my second tray I used parchment paper and that worked much better for me.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

 
Whip in egg and vanilla and lemon extract. Scrape sides and mix again.

 
Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.

 
Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes. I sifted just a little extra powdered sugar onto the cookies once they had cooled a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment