Sunday, December 1, 2013

Orange Salad


My family has been making this Orange Salad for special events such as Thanksgiving and Christmas since I was in school. I've had several people ask me about the recipe, so I've decided to blog it so that you can make it with your family and maybe start a new tradition! I'm now passing this one to my teenage daughter. She's made it the past year or two every time we've needed it. The new expert actually made this one in the photos as well. I wish I could give a credit for the recipe, but it was passed down from my grandmother and I have no idea where she got it from - but I've altered nearly every quantity in it since I first made it, so not sure it would matter much. lol

1 large container of Cool Whip
3 ounce box of orange Jello
8 ounce container cottage cheese
2 medium cans of mandarins
1 large can of crushed pineapple
1/2-1 cup of chopped nuts to taste



Pour Cool Whip into large bowl, and add orange jello powder and mix completely.


Add cottage cheese and mix until blended. Drain mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple completely (any juice left with make the salad runny). Mix until blended.


Add nuts and mix until combined. We used pecans in this making of the Orange Salad, courtesy of my mom, but I usually use diced walnuts.


Chill for at least an hour or two before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment