Sunday, October 13, 2013

Make-Your-Way Chocolate Chip Cookies


I will always love Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. I grew up making those with my dad, and they will always be special to me. But I have found THE PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe...  Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, on Pinterest, of course. I saw the picture, and they looked so good I followed it and read the blog. I decided to give it a try, and I've since made three versions of the cookies. I made one batch with triple chocolate chips - white, semi-sweet, and dark, one with all white, and one with all dark. They were all absolutely amazing. This is important enough to repeat... absolutely freakin' amazing! None of the batches lasted long, and I have a few other plans for this cookie as well. Following is the recipe from the blog for the triple chocolate chips. Substitute whatever chips you prefer, and I'm sure they will come out fantastic.

3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown - dark is preferred)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup SNO-CAPS (or other kind of chocolate chip)




In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. 





Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. 









On low speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and sticky. Chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 3 days).


Preheat oven to 350F. The original blog suggests lining the ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. I did not do this. Drop balls of dough onto cookie sheet (about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough per cookie) OR used a standard-sized cookie scoop. Press a few chocolate chips onto the tops of cookies for looks, if desired. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Do NOT bake them longer than 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet. If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a spoon. Transfer to cooling rack. Cookies remain fresh in an airtight container for up to 7 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment