Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fried Cauliflower


I don't set the best example of a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables. I'm a picky eater, and there's only a handful of either fruits or vegetables that I'm willing to eat. Because of this, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to prepare those items that I am willing to eat. Enter Dr. Ola's Kitchen's Extra Crispy Fried Cauliflower. This recipe was rather tasty and fairly simple to prepare. I do believe I will add more salt and pepper and I'm going to have to think of an herb or spice to add to it the next time I make it.

1 medium sized Cauliflower
1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
Salt and pepper according to taste (or use your favorite spices)
Oil for deep frying


Cut up cauliflower into florets, and cook them in water for five minutes; drain well.

Combine cornmeal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in one bowl and mix well. Batter should be slightly thin, but not runny.


Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip each piece of cauliflower first into the batter and coat complete and then into the breadcrumbs ensuring all sides are covered.


Cook in hot oil until golden brown. Serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment